Thursday, September 15, 2011

Savory Pot Roast

Pot Roast... man's best friend = woman/vegetarian's worst nightmare....


Tonight I decided to make a pot roast. I don't make this kind of thing very often (not sure if ever) so I figured I'd try it out.... not literally of course, simply just the recipe.

Since I got home a bit too late, instead of cooking it in the crock pot, I cooked it in my small roaster in the oven.

Here is the recipe I used for my "Savory Pot Roast"

Ingredients:

1 2 1/2 to 3 lbs boneless chuck roast
1 cup water
6-7 russet potatoes
1/2 Yellow Onion (cut in chunks)
4 stalks of celery, chunked
1 white corn on the cob (broken in half)
1 cup of water
1 tbsp olive oil
1 pkg McCormick Slow Cookers Savory Pot Roast Seasoning

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

To seer the roast, put 1 tbsp olive oil into a frying pan. Place the frying pan on high. Once pan is hot, place roast in the pan. Let cook for about 1 minute and then flip the roast to cook the other side for one minute. After both sides of the roast are brown, place into roaster (or glass pan).

Add vegetables (you can also add carrots -- I just left them out because they are not a household favorite veggie).

In a separate bowl, mix 1 cup of water and Savory Pot Roast Seasoning until well blended.

Pour combined mixture over roast and vegetables. Cover and cook for about 1 hr and 15 minutes or until roast is done until likeness.

Serve and enjoy.

This pot roast was paired with Sutter Home Sweet Road wine (don't ask), but apparently both received 8.5 for flavor! The roast was a bit tough, but the flavor prevailed. I probably could have cooked it for a little less time, but all in all, a successful meal :)

No comments:

Post a Comment