Friday, February 10, 2012

Chicken Crescent Roll Ups $10 meal in 10 minutes

These received a 5 from everyone in the family, including my incredibly picky parents! Every time I visit, they ask me to make them. They're done super quick, there's little mess and they are super cheap!

1 can large croissant rolls (I used Pillsbury canned or the store's brand 2/$5)
2 1/2 cups shredded chicken (Buy mine $4 at Costco rotisserie and shred it)
1 jalapeno pepper (finely chopped)
Shredded Cheese
2 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
2 Tablespoons Italian Bread Crumbs

Combine your shredded chicken, shredded cheese, and finely chopped jalapenos in a boll. Unroll your croissants. Add a large spoonful to the middle of the croissant. Roll it up as you normally would and pinch any ends to make sure the stuffing stays inside.

Melt your butter. With a pastry brush, lightly brush the butter over the rolls. Combine the Italian Bread Crumbs and Parmesan Cheese and lightly sprinkle it over the top.

Bake as directed on the croissant can.

In all honesty, I had to make 2 batches of these. One for those who enjoy spicy foods, and 1 for my parents, who don't like spice at all. It's still delicious either way, and the leftovers are just as good (PS: I hate leftover, so that means something!)

No comments:

Post a Comment