Friday, February 10, 2012

2nd Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

For those of you who know me and my sisters, we have the Worlds Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe... however, it's a family secret, and we can't share it. However, in my year of making hundreds of batches (I'm not kidding, ask my guinea pig coworkers) of trying to perfect the chocolate chip cookie, I found there are just a few essentials to the perfect cookie... there's many ways to bake an excellent batch of cookies.

My inspiration for the best cookie started when I was young, my Aunt always made amazing cookies when we came to visit. When I moved to the bay area, I found a bakery called Specialties... and their cookies were something from an Alien Planet run by baking phenomenons. I had to have them.

There's a few tricks.
1. you don't want your sugars to be equal. You want your brown sugar to overpower your white sugar just a bit.
2. You always want to use butter, none of that Crisco nasty business.
3. If your batter is a little runny and sticks to your hands, add more flour.

If you're running into problems, check out this website (scroll to the bottom) for common issues and how/what you should do to resolve your problem moving forward.

Here's an excellent guide to follow: http://theperfectchocolatechipcookie.com/instruct.php

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cookie sheets with Pam.

2/3 cup Sugar
1 cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
2 Cubes butter (non salted, melted)
2 tsp vanilla

3 cups Flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt (or a little less)

1 bag of semi sweet chocolate chip morsels. (The boyfriend likes white chocolate so sometimes I mix them in as well)

Add the top 5 ingredients together well using a mixer.

In another bowl, add the Flour, baking soda and salt. After well mixed, add the sugar/butter mixture. After well mixed, add the chocolate chips.

Roll a golf sized ball and place on baking sheet. Bake 9-11 minutes on 350 degrees (oven times vary).

1 comment: